[sc name=”Infographic for Desktop”]
[sc name=”Mobile Infographic”]
So, you’re thinking about applying to California State University-Fullerton, and you’re curious about your chances of admission. There are a lot of factors in the admissions process. However, the most important factors in the admissions game are your GPA and test scores.
With an acceptance rate of 48%, admission to Cal State Fullerton is competitive. Based on our analysis, to have a good chance of being admitted, you need to be at the top of your class and have an SAT score of close to 1100, or an ACT score of around 22.
Not quite there? Try taking our SAT prep course and you’ll still have a chance of getting in, but it’s in the single digits. Let’s take a closer look at Cal State Fullerton admission statistics.
Cal State Fullerton 2018 Admissions Statistics: Class of 2022
- Cal State Fullerton’s acceptance rate in 2018 was 48%
- For the class of 2022, out of 44,493 applicants, Cal State Fullerton admitted about 21,459
- The average GPA of admitted applicants was 3.53
- The average ACT score was 22
- The average SAT score was 1110
For students who took the ACT, the 25th percentile score of successful applicants was 19, and the 75th percentile score was 24.
For students who took the SAT, the 25th percentile score was 1010. The 75th percentile score was 1190.
If you’re somewhere in the middle of these numbers, remember that a high test score can compensate for a slightly lower GPA, and vice versa. If you’re at the lower end, it helps if you’re a diverse applicant, the child of an alum, or have incredible personal achievements. Still, at the 25th percentile, your chances of getting in are in the low single digits.
Other aspects of your application, such as athletics, extracurricular and recommendations, are important, but will likely only make a difference for admission if you’re in the 75th percentile range for your GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
Even if Cal State Fullerton is your dream school, and even if you’re in the 75th percentile, you’ll still want to make sure you apply to a wide variety of schools to ensure you’ll gain admission somewhere.
Generally, you should have:
- Three safety schools (where you are in the 75th percentile of GPA/test scores)
- Three reach schools (where you are in the 25th percentile of GPA/test scores)
- Three target schools (where you are near the average for GPA/test scores)
OK, so you’ve decided to apply. We took a look at Cal State Fullerton’s admissions requirements to help you get everything in order.
Cal State Fullerton 2020 Application Requirements: Class of 2024
Here’s a full list of application requirements:
- Cal State Apply Online Application
- Submit an ACT score or SAT score
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Submit your high school transcript
Here are the deadlines that you should be aware of:
- The application deadline is November 30th
- May 1 is the reply date for admitted students
Have you been admitted to Cal State Fullerton? Congratulations! Below is a glimpse of what your classmates will be like.
Cal State Fullerton 2018 Admitted Students Profile: Class of 2022
If you matriculate at Cal State Fullerton, you’ll be joining a diverse class, with students from all over the U.S. and the world, and have a chance to study in dozens of fields.
Here are some interesting facts about the recently admitted class:
- Roughly 44% are male and 56% are female
- 6.1% of students are international
Cal State Fullerton has a diverse class, as well, with a large number of people of color. The ethnicities of admitted applicants are:
- International: 6.1%
- Underrepresented minority: 4%
- Two or more races: 4.7%
- White: 22%
What do these admitted students plan to study? Cal State Fullerton offers dozens of majors, and students matriculating there pursue a wide number of subjects. Here is a list of some of the top programs:
- Business Administration & Management
- Communication & Media Studies
- Health & Physical Education
Now, how are you going to pay for this?
Cal State Fullerton Tuition Figures
At $37,814, Cal State Fullerton’s cost of attendance is high. Most incoming students receive some form of financial aid, and the average award is $3,897.
Here’s a fuller look at Cal State Fullerton tuition and financial aid in 2017:
- Total budget: $37,814
- Average financial aid package: $3,897
Now, what is life like at Cal State Fullerton? Let’s take a look.
Cal State Fullerton’s main campus is located in Fullerton, California.
The campus’ futuristic look was originally overseen by artist and architect Howard van Heuklyn.
Remember, you’re going to Cal State Fullerton for its excellent academics! Below is a look at what academic life will be like.
Cal State Fullerton Academics
Cal State Fullerton has dozens of majors. Some of the school’s more interesting majors are:
- Business Administration and Management
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Fine/Studio Arts
- Geological and Earth Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- Information Technology
- Operations Research
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric
Now, let’s take a look at life outside the classroom at Cal State Fullerton.
Student Life at Cal State Fullerton
Cal State Fullerton has hundreds of student organizations, covering academic interests, creative and performing arts, cultural and racial initiatives, gender and sexuality affinity groups, government and political interests, and various media and publications.
Here’s a sampling of Cal State Fullerton’s student activities:
- Abled Advocators
- Ballet Folklorico de Cal State Fullerton
- Classical Guitar Society
- Cultural and Public History Association
- Game Night!
- Hip Hop Heads
- Inter-Tribal Student Council
- Japanese Anime Club
- Medieval Swordsmanship Club
- Queer and Trans People of Color Collective
- Salsa Club
- Swing Dance Club
- Titan Break Club
- Titans of Comic-Con
- Adventure Club
- Club TEACH
- Film and Media Arts Association
Are you an athlete? Cal State Fullerton’s got plenty of options for you.
Cal State Fullerton Athletics
Cal State Fullerton offers a large number of intercollegiate sports, with extensive varsity, as well as club, offerings, for both men and women.
Cal State Fullerton’s sports include:
- Track & Field
Who might you become with a Cal State Fullerton degree? Let’s take a look at some well-known and successful alums:
Cal State Fullerton has produced politicians, business tycoons, entertainers, musicians, media figures, and leaders in dozens of other fields.
Here’s a list of some particularly well-known alums:
- Musician Gwen Stefani
- Actor Kevin Costner
- NASA astronaut Tracy Caldwell
- Director James Cameron
- Television writer/producer Marc Cherry
- MMA fighter TJ Dillashaw
- US Bancorp Executive Chairman Richard K. Davis
- Author Elizabeth George
- MMA fighter Dan Henderson
- NFL coach Steve Mariucci
- Opera tenor Charles Castronovo
And this is only a partial list!
Getting into Cal State Fullerton is competitive. Don’t despair if you get a no.
If you have a strong GPA and high test scores, you have a great chance of getting into at least one of the more competitive schools. And if you don’t, remember: where you go is NOT who you are.
If you need to boost your GPA or test scores before application time rolls around, you should consider signing up for a course with Prep Expert. We offer one-on-one tutoring and classes, both in-person and online, at locations throughout the United States.
For more test strategy, college admissions, and scholarship application tips sign up for our FREE class happening right now!