Fordham 2018 Acceptance Rate: Class of 2022
So, you’re thinking about applying to Fordham University, and you’re curious about your chances of admission. There are a lot of factors in the admissions process. However, the most important factors in the admissions game are your GPA and test scores.
With an acceptance rate of 46%, admission to Fordham is pretty competitive. Based on our analysis, to have a good chance of being admitted, you need to be at the top of your class and have an SAT score of close to 1450, or an ACT score of around 33.
Not quite there? Try taking our SAT prep course and you’ll still have a chance of getting in, but it’s in the single digits. Let’s take a closer look at Fordham admission statistics.
Fordham 2018 Admissions Statistics: Class of 2022
- Fordham’s acceptance rate in 2018 was 46%
- For the class of 2022, out of 46,164 applicants, Fordham admitted 21,216
- The average GPA of admitted applicants was 3.7
- The average ACT score was 31
- The average SAT score was 1380
For students who took the ACT, the 25th percentile score of successful applicants was 29, and the 75th percentile score was 33.
For students who took the SAT, the 25th percentile score was 1310. The 75th percentile score was 1450.
If you’re somewhere in the middle of these numbers, remember that a high test score can compensate for a slightly lower GPA, and vice versa. If you’re at the lower end, it helps if you’re a diverse applicant, the child of an alum, or have incredible personal achievements. Still, at the 25th percentile, your chances of getting in are in the low single digits.
Other aspects of your application, such as athletics, extracurricular and recommendations, are important, but will likely only make a difference for admission if you’re in the 75th percentile range for your GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
Even if Fordham is your dream school, and even if you’re in the 75th percentile, you’ll still want to make sure you apply to a wide variety of schools to ensure you’ll gain admission somewhere.
Generally, you should have:
- Three safety schools (where you are in the 75th percentile of GPA/test scores)
- Three reach schools (where you are in the 25th percentile of GPA/test scores)
- Three target schools (where you are near the average for GPA/test scores)
OK, so you’ve decided to apply. We took a look at Fordham’s admissions requirements to help you get everything in order.
Fordham 2018 Application Requirements: Class of 2022
Here’s a full list of application requirements:
- Fill out the Common Application and do the Essay
- Submit an ACT score or SAT score
- Pay the $70 application fee
- Submit your high school transcript
- Submit one letter of recommendation
Here are the deadlines that you should be aware of:
- The application deadline is November 1st for Early Action
- The application deadline is January 8th for Regular Decision
Have you been admitted to Fordham? Congratulations! Below is a glimpse of what your classmates will be like.
Fordham 2018 Admitted Students Profile: Class of 2022
If you matriculate at Fordham, you’ll be joining a diverse class, with students from all over the U.S. and the world, and have a chance to study in dozens of fields.
Here are some interesting facts about the recently admitted class:
- Roughly 44% are male and 56% are female
- 9% of students are international
Fordham has a diverse class, as well, with a large number of people of color. The ethnicities of admitted applicants are:
- African-American: 4%
- American Indian: <1%
- Asian: 14%
- Hispanic/Latino: 14%
- International: 9%
- Pacific Islander: <1%
- Race/ethnicity unknown: 1%
- Two or more races: 4%
- White: 53%
What do these admitted students plan to study? Fordham offers dozens of majors, and students matriculating there pursue a wide number of subjects. Here is a list of some of the top programs:
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric
- Business Administration and Management
Now, how are you going to pay for this?
Fordham Tuition Figures
At $69,708, Fordham’s cost of attendance is astronomical. Most incoming students receive some form of financial aid, and the average award is $30,378.
Here’s a fuller look at Fordham tuition and financial aid in 2017:
- Total budget: $64,974
- Average financial aid package: $33,991
Now, what is life like at Fordham? Let’s take a look.
Fordham is split among three main campuses, in and around New York City.
The school is unique in that it technically three main campuses – the Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, and the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, and the Westchester campus outside of the city.
Remember, you’re going to Fordham for its excellent academics! Below is a look at what academic life will be like.
Fordham has dozens of majors. Some of the school’s more interesting majors are:
- African Studies
- Broadcast Journalism
- Commercial and Advertising Art
- Creative Writing
- International Economics
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Playwriting and Screenwriting
- Radio and Television
Now, let’s take a look at life outside the classroom at Fordham.
Student Life at Fordham
Fordham has hundreds of student organizations, covering academic interests, creative and performing arts, cultural and racial initiatives, gender and sexuality affinity groups, government and political interests, and various media and publications.
Here’s a sampling of Fordham’s student activities:
- Alternative Investments Club
- Business of Sports Society
- Chemistry Club
- Fordham University South Asian Entity (FUSE)
- PRIDE Alliance
- Fordham Experimental Theatre
- Mimes and Mummers
- MODE Magazine
- Operation Dreamcatcher
- Pet Advocacy for Underprivileged Survivors
- Tzu Chi Collegiate Association
- Up ‘Til Dawn
- Classics Club
- Futurist Society
- Meditation Club
- Respect for Life
Are you an athlete? Fordham’s got plenty of options for you.
Fordham offers a large number of intercollegiate sports, with extensive varsity, as well as club, offerings, for both men and women.
Fordham’s sports include:
- Swimming & Diving
- Water Polo
- Track & Field
Who might you become with a Fordham degree? Let’s take a look at some well-known and successful alums:
Fordham has produced politicians, business tycoons, entertainers, musicians, media figures, and leaders in dozens of other fields.
Here’s a list of some particularly well-known alums:
- New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Central Intelligence Director John O. Brennan
- Novelist Mary Higgins Clark
- Author Don DeLillo
- Vice Executive and former CEO of Burberry Rose Marie Bravo
- UnitedHealth Group CEO Stephen J. Hemsley
- Venture capitalist Don Valentine
- Actor Alan Alda
- Actress Patricia Clarkson
- Illusionist David Copperfield
- Musician Lana Del Rey
- Musician Faith Evans
And this is only a partial list!
Getting into Fordham is competitive. Don’t despair if you get a no.
If you have a strong GPA and high test scores, you have a great chance of getting into at least one of the more competitive schools. And if you don’t, remember: where you go is NOT who you are.
If you need to boost your GPA or test scores before application time rolls around, you should consider signing up for a course with Prep Expert. We offer one-on-one tutoring and classes, both in-person and online, at locations throughout the United States.
For more test strategy, college admissions, and scholarship application tips sign up for our FREE class happening right now!