Last updated July 14, 2021
At Patel Educational Services, Inc. d/b/a Prep Expert (“Prep Expert” or “Company” or “We”) We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site including while visiting the Site or using the services made available through the Site.
- Through our technology partners that enable our services such as Zoom and Hubspot.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
|For Parents of Children Under the Age of 13|
This section notifies parents of:The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (collectively, “parents“) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children“). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this Site or our service.
|Information We Collect from Children|
Children can access many parts of the Site and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content, features and services are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Site.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
|Information We Collect Directly or Through Parents/Guardians|
The parent or guardian of a child must provide us with the following information to register with this Site: the child’s first name and a parent’s email address. We also require the parent of a child to create a member name and password that their child can use to access the services via the Site. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional such as last name, graduation year and current grade. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
We enable registered users to communicate with others on or through this Site through features such as Zoom’s chat during a class or tutoring session (“Social Features“). The Social Features enable the teacher and other students in the class to see a child’s name and interact with the child using the chat. The nature of these Social Features could allow a child to disclose personal information about themselves. We do not monitor or review this content before it is posted, and we do not control the actions of third parties with whom your child shares his or her information. We encourage parents to educate their children about safe internet use and to monitor their children’s use of such chat and other such Social Features.
All sessions are recorded for our internal use and quality control. Private tutoring sessions may include your child on the recording; however, these recordings are not posted to dashboards or other areas of the Site. Recordings of courses (group classes) do not include students on a recording and are posted to a student’s dashboard for a limited period of time. Except for our platform vendors, recorded session for tutoring and courses are not shared with third parties.
|Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Related to a Child’s Information|
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Site and use certain of its services and features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
- Information that identifies a device’s location (geolocation information).
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
For information about our automatic information collection practices, including how you can opt out of certain information collection, see the Automatic Information Collection and Tracking and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information sections of our policy.
|How We Use Your Child’s Information|
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Site;
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Site and the services that may be of interest;
- track his or her use or performance in activities associated with our services made available through our Site.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Automatic Information Collection and Tracking) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
We use geolocation information we collect for our own internal business purposes.
|Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information|
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Site and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Prep Expert, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Site; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if Prep Expert is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Prep Expert’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
|Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information|
At any time, you may review your child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using your child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Contacting our customer service line at [email protected] To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
|Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children|
The following are all operators that may collect or maintain personal information from children through the Site: Zoom and Hubspot
No other operators may collect or maintain personal information from children through the Site.
Please direct any inquiries about third party operators/any operator’s privacy practices and use of children’s information to the operator at its contact information provided here:
Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
55 Almaden Blvd, Suite 600
San Jose, CA 95113
Attention: Data Protection Officer
25 First Street, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02141 USA
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
|Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It|
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We use this information:
- To deliver services to you.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To fulfill and manage your orders made through the Services and your user account.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications such as via the “chat” feature on Zoom in a group class.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users.
- For business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribe to our service or to post content such as via the Zoom chat feature, or to request further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- If you are a job applicant seeking employment, we will also ask for information relevant to your employment application.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See the information below for how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Site and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions, you should contact the provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Prep Expert’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Prep Expert, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are governed by the policies of our third party payment provider.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas such as chats in group classes may be viewed by other users of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Customer Affiliate Program for Referring Friends
At the time of purchase, you are automatically enrolled in our Customer Affiliate Program so that you can refer someone to us. If you choose to refer someone, you can share the referral link we provide to you. If they click on the link and ultimately make a purchase with us within 120 days, we will give you a referral credit as described in the Customer Affiliate Program on the Site. From time to time, we may send emails regarding our Customer Affiliate Program, however, you may opt-out of receiving these emails at any time.
Users Outside of the United States
By providing personal information to this Site, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, in accordance with applicable law. We are a United States company and we do not operate in or market to individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Any processing of personal data of individuals in the EEA by us is incidental. We do, however, recognize the rights of individuals in the EEA and, therefore, request that any individuals located in the EEA who have questions about or requests related to the personal data we collect to contact us at [email protected]
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices.
Our Contact Information
7881 W Charleston Blvd, Suite 175
Las Vegas, NV 89117
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at [email protected]