Online Math Tutor
If you ask students from Kindergarten to 12th grade to name their most difficult subject, many of them will say math
However, while math is a subject where many students struggle, doing well in this subject can make all the difference when you apply to college. Whether your goal is to score well on the SAT Math section or to learn the skills that will help you earn GPA boosting grades in your future high school math classes, developing your math abilities is essential.
For improvement in your math classes and the opportunity to earn the best results on the math section of the SAT, we recommend our Prep Expert private online tutoring.
As Seen On
Benefits of getting a private online math tutor
Whether it’s due to COVID or convenience or a combination of both, online learning is becoming the new normal. Whatever your circumstances, when it comes to preparing for the SAT, there is no resource that is more efficient and more effective than working with an online tutor.
Here are a few of the benefits of private online math tutoring:
Convenience and flexibility
If you’re like most high school students, you have a lot on your plate. Between completing school work, participating in sports and other extracurricular activities, and volunteering in your community, it can be hard to find the extra time to prepare for the SAT or study for your math classes.
Private tutoring allows you to schedule tutoring sessions around your schedule so that you can stay on top of your studying without disrupting your everyday routine. Because the tutoring is online, you do not have to worry about wasting any time getting to and from your tutoring session, allowing you to maximize your study time.
The number one benefit of working with a private tutor is that you will gain individualized instruction. If you are having a hard time in your math class, your tutor can pinpoint where you are struggling, and tailor their instruction to meet your needs.
This is especially helpful for preparing for high stakes tests. There is no denying that SAT and ACT prep courses are a great resource, but these courses were ultimately designed to help large numbers of students cram as much SAT and ACT material as possible before they take the test.
If you take an SAT or an ACT prep course, there is a chance that while you will gain useful instruction, you will not spend as much time preparing for the math sections as you might need to be successful. When the class is ready to move on, they will move on whether you need more time to prep.
Working with a private high school math tutor allows you to work on exactly what you need to improve before test day at the pace that is best for you.
If you are preparing for the SAT, for example, and have mastered Basics of Algebra, you and your private tutor can move on. If you’re struggling with Problem Solving and Data Analysis, your tutor can provide additional practice, strategies, and instruction for as long as it takes for you to master this SAT Math segment.
Your tutor will be able to assess your personal strengths and weaknesses with SAT and ACT Math, create an individualized plan designed to help you succeed, and track your progress, making sure you are ready to do well on the standardized tests when the time comes.1-on-1 Online Private Tutoring. Starting at $59/hour
While private tutoring might seem more expensive on paper, it is ultimately far more cost effective than SAT prep courses and other resources.
Sure, you could spend a few dollars and buy a SAT prep book to practice on your own, but when you have to retake the test multiple times without reaching your desired SAT Math score, those testing fees will add up.
Likewise, without individualized instruction, you may end up paying for an SAT or ACT prep course that does not provide nearly as much value as an online private tutor.
Top 10 secrets to raise your child's SAT score, win scholarships, & get into an elite university
Join Perfect SAT Scorer & Shark Tank Winner Shaan Patel for a FREE webinar on how to help your child raise his or her SAT/ACT score, win thousands in college scholarships, and receive admission into an elite university.Register Free Now
SAT and ACT Math Tutoring
Each year, the math section of the SAT gives thousands of high school students a run for their money. With 45 multiple-choice questions and 13 student-produced response questions to answer in only 80 minutes, the SAT Math section is one of the most daunting parts of the SAT.
In addition to its tight time constraints, the SAT Math section is challenging for a couple of key reasons:
- The breadth of knowledge. The SAT Math section covers a variety of topics spanning Basic Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Problem Solving and Data Analysis, or Additional Topics in Math. Depending on the courses you took in high school, some of these topics may be skills that you haven’t used in a long time and others will be skills that you may not have even covered yet.
- Calculator use. While there is one portion of the SAT Math section that allows students to use their calculators, there is another section where calculators are not allowed. If you are not good at writing out solutions step by step and figuring out how to answer questions without a calculator, this portion of the SAT Math section will be difficult.
While the ACT Math section does allow students to use calculators for the entire test, it has far stricter time constraints, requiring students to answer 60 questions in just 60 minutes and posing its own set of challenges.
If you want an SAT or an ACT score that will wow the admissions board at your dream college, you are going to need to push past these challenges and score well on the math section of the tests.
When you compound the difficulty of the test with the weight it carries for your college admissions, it is no secret that you will need all of the help you can get if you want to thrive under the pressure and earn a great score.
While you can take countless practice tests on your own and enroll in prep courses with other students who are eager to earn a high score on the test, one of the absolute best ways for you to ace the SAT Math or ACT Math sections of these tests is to work online with a private math tutor.
Private math tutoring will ensure that you are able to work on the specific math concepts that you struggle with so that you can improve in these areas. Do you struggle with the pacing of this test? Are there certain skills that you struggle to grasp? Your tutor can create an individualized plan to help.
Is private online math tutoring for me?
Private online math tutoring can help you learn all of the skills that you will need to do well on the SAT or ACT in the future.
Private online tutoring is best for students who:
- Need to refresh their high school math skills before the SAT or ACT
- Want to have a strong math foundation for when they enter middle school and high school
- Have a busy schedule that makes it difficult to study
- Struggle with understanding elementary, middle school, or high school math concepts
- Have room for improvement in math based on their PSAT scores
- Want to score in the top percentile on the SAT or ACT
- Found success when they worked with a middle school math tutor or a high school math tutor in the past
- Have not received their desired results when taking SAT or ACT prep courses or studying for these tests on their own
- Want additional test strategies and individualized math instruction before taking the SAT
If you’re still not sure whether or not you need an online math tutor, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you know that overreliance on your calculator can actually lower your SAT orACT score?
- Are you understanding all of the topics covered in your math class each day?
- Can you break down the 24 different skills tested in SAT Math?
- Are you able to eliminate 3 wrong answers for each and every SAT Math multiple-choice practice question you tackle?
- Are you able to pace yourself so that you can answer all 60 ACT Math questions in the alloted 60 minutes?
- Have you been earning your desired grades in math each semester or trimester?
- Do you know whether your greatest SAT Math weaknesses are questions covering Basic Algebra, Advanced Algebra, Problem Solving and Data Analysis, or Additional Topics in Math?
- When your math teacher tells you there is an exam coming up, do you feel calm, relaxed, and prepared?
If your answer to any of these questions is “no,” then you should consider working with a private online math tutor. A private tutor will be able to give you all of the strategies you need to do well on the test, and the one-on-one setting will help them pinpoint your specific strengths and weaknesses so that you can boost your SAT Math score.
Why choose Prep Expert for math tutoring?
Prep Expert offers online private tutoring for over 100 k-12 subjects and tests, and we can help you prepare for everything from the SAT Math section to your upcoming Calculus test.
Here are few of the math subjects where we have tutoring available:
- ACT/SAT Math
- Elementary, middle school, and high school math
- PSAT Math
At Prep Expert, we only hire expert tutors who scored in the top 1% on the SAT or ACT, so you know that you will receive high quality instruction from people who have not only mastered both of these standardized tests but also the math concepts that these tests cover.
Once you are matched with one of our tutors, we will assess your strengths, weaknesses, and goals, so that you are and tutor can start developing a roadmap to success. With satisfaction guaranteed, you are bound to improve your math skills with Prep Expert’s online private math tutoring.
Your math instruction is vital to your present and future success. Don’t settle for less than expert one-on-one instruction from expert educators. Learn more about online private math tutoring and get started with Prep Expert today when you visit our website.