2019 Georgia Tech Acceptance Rate: Class of 2023
So, you’re thinking about applying to Georgia Tech, and you’re curious about your chances of admission. Of course, there are a lot of factors in the admissions process. However, the most important factors in the admissions game are your GPA and test scores. So, using those as a measure, we can give you an estimate of your chances.
[acceptance school=”Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus” act_a=”30″ act_b=”32″ act_c=”34″ sat_a=”640″ sat_b=”685″ sat_c=”730″ sat_d=”640″ sat_e=”685″ sat_f=”730″ sat_g=”680″ sat_h=”725″ sat_i=”770″ gpa_a=”3.6″ gpa_b=”3.8″ gpa_c=”3.9″]
With an acceptance rate of 18.8%, admission to Georgia Tech is extremely competitive. Based on our analysis, to have a good chance of being admitted, you need to be at the very top of your class and have an SAT score of close to 1550, or an ACT score of around 35.
Not quite there? Try taking our SAT prep course and You’ll still have a chance of getting in, but it’s in the single digits. Let’s take a closer look at Georgia Tech admission statistics.
2019 Georgia Tech Admissions Statistics: Class of 2023
- Georgia Tech’s acceptance rate in 2019 was 18.8%
- For the class of 2023, out of 36,936 applicants, Georgia Tech admitted about 7,000
- The average GPA of admitted applicants was 3.98
- The average ACT score was 32
- The average SAT score was 1450
For students who took the ACT, the 25th percentile score of successful applicants was 30, and the 75th percentile score was 34.
For students who took the SAT, the 25th percentile score was 1360. The 75th percentile score was 1490.
If you’re somewhere in the middle of these numbers, remember that a high test score can compensate for a slightly lower GPA, and vice versa. If you’re at the lower end, it helps if you’re a diverse applicant, the child of an alum, or have incredible personal achievements.
Other aspects of your application, such as athletics, extracurricular and recommendations, are important, but will likely only make a difference for admission if you’re in the 75th percentile range for your GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
OK, so you’ve decided to apply. We took at a look at Georgia Tech’s admissions requirements to help you get everything in order.
2019 Georgia Tech Application Requirements: Class of 2023
Here’s a full list of application requirements:
- Fill out the Common Application and pay an application fee of $75 (or apply for a fee waiver)
- Submit an ACT score or SAT score (writing score optional)
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Submit a listing of your community contributions
- Submit 3 essays, with prompts provided
- Submit 2 recommendation letters – 1 from your counselor, 1 from a teacher of your choice
Here are the deadlines to be aware of:
- The application deadline is October 15th for Early Action
- The application deadline is January 1st for Regular Decision
- January 31st is the financial aid application deadline
- Early Action notifications are released January 13th
- Regular Decision applicants find out their fates in mid-March
Have you been admitted to Georgia Tech? Congratulations! Below is a glimpse of what your classmates will be like.
Georgia Tech 2019 Admitted Students Profile: Class of 2023
If you matriculate at Georgia Tech, you’ll be joining a diverse class, with students from all over the U.S. and the world, and have a chance to study in dozens of fields.
Here are some interesting facts about the recently admitted class:
- Roughly 65% are male and 35% are female
- 9.6% of students are international
Georgia Tech has a diverse class, as well, with a large number of people of color. The ethnicities of admitted applicants are:
- International: 9.6%
- Underrepresented minority: 3.6%
- Two or more races: 4%
- White: 55.6%
What do these admitted students plan to study? Georgia Tech offers dozens of majors, and students matriculating there pursue a wide number of subjects. Here is a list of some of the top programs:
Now, how are you going to pay for this?
Georgia Tech Tuition Figures
At $26,839 Georgia Tech’s cost of attendance is competitive but still costly. Most incoming students receive some form of financial aid, and the average award is $10,555.
Here’s a fuller look at Georgia Tech tuition and financial aid in 2017:
- Average financial aid package: $10,555
- The average student debt of a Georgia Tech graduate is $32,169
Now, what is life like at Georgia Tech? Let’s take a look.
Georgia Tech Location
Georgia Tech is located in Atlanta, Georgia, not far from the corporate headquarters of AT&T, The Coca-Cola Company, and Bank of America
Ironically, much of the campus itself is typified by lush greenery and low story buildings, giving it a quiet, suburban charm in contrast to other Atlanta-based schools.
Remember, you’re going to Georgia Tech for its excellent academics! Below is a look at what academic life will be like.
Georgia Tech Academics
Georgia Tech has dozens of majors. Some of the school’s more interesting majors are:
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Nuclear and Radiological Engineering
Now, let’s take a look at life outside the classroom at Georgia Tech.
Student Life at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech has hundreds of student organizations, covering academic interests, creative and performing arts, cultural and racial initiatives, gender and sexuality affinity groups, government and politics interests, and various media and publications.
Here’s a sampling of Georgia Tech’s student activities:
- The ANAK Society
- The Student Government Association
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Helicopter Society
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Bridge Club
- Field Hockey Club
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- MBA Women in Business
- Meditation Club
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Sunday Dinner Project
- Yellow Jacket Space Program
- Young Americans for Liberty
Are you an athlete? Georgia Tech’s got plenty of options for you.
Georgia Tech Athletics
Georgia Tech offers a large number of intercollegiate sports, with extensive varsity, as well as club, offerings, for both men and women. So, if you’re not up to varsity level, remember there are plenty of clubs and intramural sports to try out for, too.
Georgia Tech’s sports include:
- Swimming & Diving
- Track & Field
Who might you become with a Georgia Tech degree? Let’s take a look at some well-known and successful alums:
Georgia Tech has produced politicians, business tycoons, entertainers, musicians, media figures, and leaders in dozens of other fields.
Here’s a list of some particularly well-known alums:
- US President Jimmy Carter
- AT&T CEO David Dorman
- Wal-Mart CEO Mike Duke
- Nobel Prize-winning chemist Kary Mullis
- US Senator Sam Nunn
- Astronaut John Young
- Architect Michael Arad
- Comedian Jeff Foxworthy
- Legendary golfer Bobby Jones
- Professional golfer David Duval
- Google News developer Krishna Bharat
And this is only a partial list!
Getting into Georgia Tech is pretty competitive. Don’t despair if you get a no.
If you have a strong GPA and high test scores, you have a great chance of getting into at least one of the more competitive schools. And if you don’t, remember: where you go is NOT who you are. If you work hard, you’ll end up at a school that’s right for you, and still get a great education.
If you need to boost your GPA or test scores before application time rolls around, you should consider signing up for a course with Prep Expert. We offer one-on-one tutoring and classes, both in-person and online, at locations throughout the United States.
Our expert teachers and tutors will not only share with you tried and true methods for improving your score, but also help you correct deficiencies in any subject that you’re having difficulty with.
For more test strategy, college admissions, and scholarship application tips sign up for our FREE class happening right now!